Friday, March 5, 2010

Designs on a hat




I had a picture of a hat, conjured up in my imagination, and I now have the ability to make things like that into a reality. Which is very exciting for me, but all you get to see is a little stripey hat.
In an effort to pump up the excitement level for everyone else, I'll be writing up the pattern for this bulky weight yarn (quick) adjustable size (perfect for gifting) hat! The buttons on the side were placed that way so as to suggest eyes (snakey hat!), but I think I'll be replacing them with one larger button soon.
Well, not that soon. It's not exactly hat weather anymore here. Which is Fine By Me thankyouverymuch!
My favorite thing about this hat though is the stripeyness, because I really like knitted stripes for one thing, but there's no color jog! The end of the rounds keeps moving over in a physics-defying optical illusion sort of way. All of the color changes occurred in plain view in the picture, but unless you turn the hat insideout and find the ends, you wouldn't see it. Clever no? Not my idea you know, but clever nonetheless :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment