Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New things to share!

This term over in the HPKCHC I'm helping out with Quidditch, and the first 'challenge' is the tidying up one that I love!  Call me nosy, but I really enjoy seeing other people's craft spaces; especially the before and after photos.  Everyone has such great ideas and grand plans for their crafting!  It reminds me that I really need to whip my queue and favorites into shape, not to mention the yarn that still hasn't been unpacked since I moved.

Instead of doing that though, I've collected just a few new things to share with you from this past weekend.  I started a couple dishcloths, just to have something on the needles during these last super-hot days of summer.

This one is Corrugated Cloth, made out of Sugar n' Cream Scrubbie yarn.  This yarn is actually a really long strip of t-shirt material cotton with a rough edge for extra scrubbiness.  It seemed pretty unique when I spotted it at the craft store, so I made it into a simple cloth that seems like it would be well suited to car washing.  It's cotton, so it won't scratch anything, but it's rugged and durable.  Unfortunately, it's already been discontinued, so this will be a one-of-a-kind.



Also over this Labor Day weekend, I made some granola bars that turned out very well!  Some of the recipe reviewers stated that these bars have a tendency to fall apart, so I sprayed some PAM on the bottom of a flat drinking glass and packed the mixture down a bit before baking.  They were easy enough to cut with a sharp knife (I couldn't wait and did it while they were still a little warm).  I think I diminished the 'healthy' factor a little by adding chocolate chips, but if chocolate chips are wrong then I don't want to be right!  The dried fruit portion was made up of blueberries and golden raisins, and it's a good pairing.  I can see a million ways to customize this recipe for on-the-go breakfasts, so I think I'll file it in the ol' recipe box.  I bet those yogurt chips would be amazing in here with dried berries!

No comments:

Post a Comment