Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"It's a work in progress really."

Sometimes I get a tad ... overambitious let's say.
Sometimes I jump right in and start 2 (!) cotton and cotton/linen sweaters at once.
I am maybe a little crazy.  Like I don't have other things to do with my time or something?!
Well, I stalked the Gathered Pullover pattern on ravelry for a while and I knew that I had to make that sweater.  I'm going to assume that you know the feeling.  [Side Note: It's going well, but it's basically just 5" of knitted tube right now, so I haven't bothered with a picture.  It's in knitpicks CotLin in color Glacier, which is very much like the font color here.]
Then, out of nowhere, Interweave Knits (via knitting daily) released a freebie pattern called Soap Bubble Wrap.  It beckoned and I answered (with some re-claimed cotton yarn that used to be a nice raglan pullover, belonging to my brother when his arms were 6" shorter than they are now).  This is a complex pattern with lots of charting, but I'm enjoying it in the same intellectual way that I enjoy the Sunday crossword puzzle: tough but rewarding results.  [Side Note: Ok, maybe more like the Thursday crossword.  Sunday is mostly frustration.]

No comments:

Post a Comment