Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's going to be close

I haven't been watching the real Olympics very much at all. I don't feel like I'm missing much since I don't know the rules for, well, any of the obscure sports. Which is all of them. Of course, I watched Mr. Phelps in his quest for Epic Hero status, but nothing else really caught my eye. [Side Note: I was watching water polo for a good 20 minutes. Until I realized that I was only watching the players (and all their muscles). I felt a bit shallow so I turned it off. Ditto for men's beach volleyball.]
Anyway, I have been dutifully plugging away on my Scarf Stroke project for the Ravelympics and I think I might end up being that French guy who missed the gold medal by 00.0000000000034 seconds.
I suppose that I can just bind off wherever I am when time is up and call it a scarf, but that's not the point of the games. I'll just have to ramp it up at the end here and hope for the best.
I love the scarf so far, pattern, yarn, width and all. It's really light but very warm and I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it if it doesn't become a gift instead. Also, it is in dire need of some quality blocking time and doesn't really look all wonky and strange in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment