Saturday, January 3, 2009

"UFO's of 2008" or "It Came From The BIN OF UNFINISHED KNITS"

Cotton I-cord dish drain-board mat thing
  • I finally picked up some embroidery floss to finish this!
  • There's still cord to be made.  Probably half a ball left.
  • I don't know, but I might need another ball's worth of cord to make the mat wide enough.
  • Now, how to sew this together?  Hmm.
Quidditch/Rugby Sweater
  • There are no sleeves, only yarn cakes waiting patiently.
  • I really want this sweater, so I don't know what the hold-up is.
The Never-Ending Afghan
  • The name really is self-explanatory.
Noro Scarf

  • It's a beautiful product with really enjoyable yarn.
  • I'm not dragging my feet (needles?), I'm just, uh, "savoring the experience".  Yeah, that's it.
  • I like it so much, in fact, that I've knit the same 6" half a dozen times now, trying for perfection.
Broad-Street Mitts ... OF DOOM!

  • Well, these were an unmitigated disaster and will require frogging, ripping, or maybe just a good ol' burning.  Ugh.
  • When knitty says "extra spicy" boy do they mean it.
  • I still need gloves.  My hands are so cold on the way in to work.  What a pathetic situation for a knitter!
Draco Socks

  • This project lives in my work-bag and gets a few rows every now and again.
  • Also, it's rather difficult to take a picture in a bag.  Just in case you were wondering.
I kind of thought there were more than this, so it's relieving to see an end in sight for some of these projects.  [Side Note: Except for the Never-Ending Afghan, which will never end.  I'm pretty sure that something cataclysmic would happen to the fabric of space and time if I ever cast-off.  Because I have that sort of power apparently.  In all seriousness though, there are only 8 more BIG yarn cakes to go.]

No comments:

Post a Comment