Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, Godfathers, etc. out there!

I'm spending the day with my dad, watching baseball and grilling up some dinner. I might also take this opportunity to cast on something for my dad, most likely to be a Christmas gift. His mom (my late grandmother) was a marvelous knitter and accomplished crocheter, so he has the proper appreciation for yarny goodness, which makes him a great person to knit for!

Unfortunately, we lived clear across the country from my grandparents and she passed away before I was bitten by the knitting bug. I sort of hope that she is peeking down from time to time to see how my projects are going. (Lots of love Grandma Rose, and I really appreciate all of the time and effort you put into the little sweaters you made for me when I was just a tot. Especially the red one. With the little scotty dog buttons.)

No comments:

Post a Comment