Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Today the training wheels come off.

I don't derive any joy from seaming things. I actually avoid projects with lots of seaming because I know that they will lay in finished but not-yet-sewn-together pieces for an eternity and I don't need that kind of guilt. That all ends today. From this day forward I hereby vow to seam as I go whenever possible.

I finally learned how to properly seam knitted objects with the mattress stitch, which is surprisingly simple and has nothing to do with mattresses (at least as far as my instructions went). I'm sure that the way I used to seam things violated several deadly sins of knitting, so this is a vast improvement. The way that the stitches pull together to create a new row along the seam is nothing short of a miraculous event to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment