Friday, May 16, 2008

World Record Afghan.

The afghan/throw that I started knitting for my mom in a somewhat finicky Embossed Diamonds pattern is starting to feel like the largest afghan in the history of afghans! I'll bet I'm not the only one to feel this way about a large project either.

I'm starting to think that I was a bit overzealous in casting on close to 400 sts on my large circular needles. I've successfully completed about a foot of knitting that's about 5 feet wide, so there's no way I'm ripping out and starting again. That is definitely off the table because I don't know if I would be able to pluck up my resolve to start knitting again from the beginning. Besides, I'm pretty sure that the finished project will be just the right size (though it seems gigantic right now).

It's a good thing that I started it right away because it will probably be winter again before I finish it! I'll include a picture of it when I can stand to look at it again, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment