Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hats, Hats, Hats!

Here's the House Hat I said was already finished (minus the washing and blocking). Spring has definitely sprung where I'm from though, so it doesn't much matter until hat season rolls around again. We're probably just a few weeks from having the "Is it too soon to turn on the air conditioning?" debate. [And with utility costs being what they are, the answer is always yes, but we usually lose our resolve around the beginning of June.]
I am a big fan of the decreases at the top of the hat, it looks much cooler this way. There's a time and a place for pom-poms and I just don't think that it would be right for this hat. And they were easy to work in, even without those fancy markers. [Note to Self: Why don't I have those yet?]

My brother's hat is coming along quickly too, though I don't think he'll have any opportunity to wear it until next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment