Sunday, April 20, 2008

I think I bought out the store.

I went back to my local JoAnn's today and bought all of their Linen color Lion Brand Yarn. It's from the Vanna White collection, which made me say "huh. What does she have to do with yarn?" According to the label she has been their spokeswoman for 13 years now, authoring books and making appearances. If it's good enough for Vanna, then it's good enough for me!

This is to make a throw blanket for the couch in my mom's living room and it is a precise match for the wall color (which is a Benjamin Moore color called Sea Pearl). This makes the second time in a month that my family has actually requested that I knit something for them! Now I can be sure that my skills have improved immeasurably since I first began. Back then things were graciously accepted in the same manner as children's artwork; "That's beautiful honey ... what is it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment