Monday, April 7, 2008

My Brother Wants a Hat?

I made myself a neat Cardinal and Gold striped hat from the wonderful Charmed Knits book of knitting projects [Designed/Created by Alison Hansel and found through The Blue Blog]. I'll have to post a picture of it after it gets washed and blocked ...

Anyway, my brother asked me if I would make him one too (the narrow striped variety). He has never ever asked me to knit him anything before! Perhaps that means my skills are improving? At any rate, I've cast on and created the ribbed edging already. He is well on his way to having a hat!

[Side Story: I have knitted things for my brother before, but he hasn't shown much interest. As a matter of fact, I think he has deliberately tried to load them off on younger cousins. The nerve. But, I'm happy to make him something he wants!]

No comments:

Post a Comment